Who We Are?
St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church is a part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America.
St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church was established in 1895 and is the second oldest Lutheran Church in Savannah.
We have been called the friendliest people in Savannah.
Brief History Of St. Paul’s
The congregation of St. Paul’s Evangelical Church was established on November 3rd , 1895. By early spring the original Church Sanctuary was complete. The steeple bell was installed in the summer of 1896 and still functions in steeple of the present day Church steeple.
In 1902 a new pipe organ was installed. (The organ still exist to this day and is stored in the Parish Building.)
In 1906 a sculptured baptismal font was dedicated and is still used in the present day Sanctuary.
In late spring of 1925 a Parish building was completed. The Parish was used for Sunday School Classes, Bible Studies, Vacation Bible School and Christian Day School. The Parish is still functional today and is where Sunday School Classes are held and is also the home of St. Paul’s Day Care.
By 1957 a new Church Sanctuary was completed on the site of the original Sanctuary and is connected to the Parish building. The Sanctuary and Parish structures are listed on the historical register of the United States of America.
In 1992 a new Activities Building was added to the property just across from the Parish Building.
In 1995 the addition of a new social building was competed. This building is joined to the Parish Building. The building was later named Hoffner Hall in memory of the late pastor Bill Hoffner.